Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Belated Sunday Night Suds - Milwaukee's Best Premium Beer



This week's belated Sunday Night Suds looks at the Miller Brewing Company's Milwaukee's Best Premium beer.

[As regular readers of this blog are aware, every summer Mrs KB and the kids go away to summer camp at Camp M and I do the drive up and back every weekend. As the local phone company monopoly has still not done the install of Mrs KB's Internet, I am unable to post to the blog until I return to my home. As such, posts such as the instant one can be posted one or even two days late. My apologies for any inconvenience.]

As discussed in last week's Sunday Night Suds, I made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing some of Miller's Milwaukee's Best at a gas station when I chose quantity over quality. Having reviewed the "Best Ice" last week, this week's post examines the second of the two for $2 24 oz cans - Milwaukee's Best Premium beer.

Although the top of the beer can says that this beer is "brewed for freshness and classic taste" I would suggest that much like the rest of the packaging, there is no truth in advertising. The beer does not have a classic taste, unless you are comparing it to other macrolagers such as Budweiser. However there is a bright side as the lack of beer taste/aroma means that if you leave a can of the Milwaukee's Best Premium open, your can won't attract flies.

As I wrote the above paragraph I winced and thought to myself that maybe I was being a little too harsh in my review. Then I took another sip and was reassured in my original assessment.

Milwaukee's Best Premium would be a good beer to have around if you have neighbors who you don't care for who like to hit you up for freebies. However, since I like my neighbors I will not be picking up anymore of this brew.

Milwaukee's Best Premium is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union, although like many of the Miller family of beers, there is no kosher certification on the label. If you would like to see the OU's letter of certification, please e-mail me at your convenience.

For the experts take on Milwaukee's Best Premium, please click here http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/105/1286.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver. If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click http://www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: