Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Night Suds - Redd's Green Apple Ale


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Redd's Green Apple Ale.

A few years back I reviewed the first version of Redd's Apple Ale to see the review click here (http://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2013/02/sunday-night-suds-redds-apple-ale.html). At the time I found it crisp and refreshing, but over time I have been less enamored with this brew. I can't put my finger on whether the recipe has gotten sweeter or my tastes have changed, but I personally found it to be a bit too sweet.

So this past Friday I made a quick stop in the Big M in Walton, NY and I came across the newest version of Redd's - the Green Apple Ale. The beer is available in bottle or can and I brought some back to use for either a shabbos afternoon learning accompaniment or havdalah substitute for wine. 

Due to some other shabbos afternoon commitments, I wound up using the Redd's Green Apple Ale for havdalah. I found the Green Apple to be slightly less sweet than the original Apple Ale with a bit of tartness. While I would not pair this beer with a meat dish or even spicy fish, I could see having this with a lighter dairy or perhaps salad course.

Redd's Green Apple Ale is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union like nearly every beer produced by MillerCoors and there is an OU on the bottle. For the experts' take on the Redd's Green Apple Ale, please click here beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/105/160791.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver. If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click http://www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com/ to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: