Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday Night Suds - Boulevard The Calling IPA


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Boulevard's The Calling IPA.

Every once in a while, I will pick up a single beer (no, that happens pretty often) and bring it home and stick it with my stash. Weeks or even months later I will decide that I want to try it, but I won't be able to remember where I bought it. While this may not seem like much of a problem, it is to me when I sample the beer and find myself wanting to buy a few more of the style.

This problem came up this week when I took out the Calling IPA and poured it. After a few sips of the beer, I commented to Mrs KB that this was the best new IPA I have had in a very long time. The beer poured a deep maize with noticeable lacing. The first few sips revealed some pine and citrus and a few bitter notes. Successive sips gave me some deeper malt and a little stronger alcohol flavor, although not too heavy.

I would recommend pairing this brew with grilled meat or chicken as the backbone of this double will meld well with barbecue/charred meat.

The Calling IPA is an American Double which comes in four packs, usually retailing at between $11-12 for a four pack. 

Boulevard The Calling IPA is under the Kosher Supervision of the Va'ad of Kansas City, but the bottle I purchased did not have the certification mark on the label. If you would like the LOC from the Va'ad, please let me know and I will email it to you.

To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew, please follow this link -http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/150877.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver. 

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable). 

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up

No comments: