Monday, September 5, 2016

Sunday Night Suds - Baderbrau Chicago Pilsner


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Baderbrau's Chicago Pilsner.

This past weekend I had the privilege to be in Chicago for my nephew Asher's Bar Mitzva celebration. Even though we flew, Mrs KB agreed to find a way to pack up some of the Midwest only available beers in our checked bags, so I went to visit the new Binny's on Touhy in Lincolnwood. And boy was I not disappointed!

I have written on more than one occasion that Chicago is one of the best beer towns in America, both for price and selection. I recently had read that the CRC (Chicago Rabbinical Council) had certified Baderbrau as kosher, so I was hoping to find some in this new Binny's. However, I found three different kinds in the mix your six section (along with some other new beers!) and a six pack of the Oktoberfest which I also needed to try.

The Chicago Pilsner poured a golden yellow, almost orange with decent foam which quickly receded. I poured the decently chilled can into a glass Banks Beer mug and watched the foam rise and settle. There was moderate to low carbonation but it did not dissipate that quickly. I found that the malt backbone was more than generous and there was the slightest bit of hops, but I was not really expecting much from a Pilsner.

As discussed above, Baderbrau Chicago Pilsner is certified kosher by the CRC and there is a CRC logo on the label. To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew, please follow this link beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29318/82618

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Also, if you are reading this post more than six months after it was written, please note that it is possible that the product is no longer still certified kosher. To verify that the product is still certified kosher, please click on the kosher beers list link on the top left corner of the blog.

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

Lastly, due to some family and work related obligations, this Labor Day's updated Kosher Beers list will iyh be published on Wednesday September 7, 2016. Sorry for any inconvenience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun to read. Mazel Tov on the bar mitzvah.