Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday Night Suds - Samuel Adams Golden Hour Helles Lager


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Samuel Adams Golden Hour Helles Lager.

I'm not generally a fan of the Munich/Helles lagers as I often find them to be mild, but this beer was an exception. It poured a creamy darker yellow than I was expecting and did not have the scent of a eurolager which I was expecting. There was some malt, but also a citrus (mostly lemon) which I was not expecting and I found myself thoroughly enjoying the brew.

The only Golden Hour Helles Lager that I have seen came in the summer mix box which also included a tropical beer called "Golden Yuzu" which is not under kosher supervision. I would have considered buying more of the Golden Hour Helles Lager if I could have found it in six packs as it would be a nice accompaniment to lighter Rosh Hashanah meals.

The Samuel Adams Golden Hour Helles Lager is under the Kosher Supervision of the Star-K and has a Star-K certification mark on the bottle. To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew, please follow this link - beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/263942.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you are reading this post more than six months after it was written, please note that it is possible that the product is no longer still certified kosher. To verify that the product is still certified kosher, please click on the kosher beers list link on the top left corner of the blog.

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: