Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday Night Suds - Blue Moon Pacific Apricot Wheat Ale


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Blue Moon's Pacific Apricot Wheat Ale.

I found this beer in the little Target in Elmont, NY, although I had not yet seen it at any local beer store. As I had never seen any kosher certified apricot beer, I knew that I had to buy some so I picked up a six pack. (Since the beer was for sale in six packs, I would assume that it is also available in twelve packs, although I did not see any on the shelf).

They say that good things come to those who wait, but my life long wait for kosher apricot beer was not worthwhile (although Mrs KB did give the beer a thumbs up). The carbonation is strong, perhaps a little bit too strong. The beer poured a cloudy light orange and had a scent of kids lip gloss (yes, I have three daughters). The first sip was heavy with artificial faux fruit flavor and although I tried this beer both ice cold and closer to room temperature (and even after being left out to let the carbonation die down) the artificial sweetness overwhelmed the beer and was just not enjoyable for me.

Blue Moon Pacific Apricot Wheat Ale is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union, as is every other current variety of beer produced by Blue Moon. For the experts take on this beer, please click here beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/308084

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Important Disclaimer - If you are reading this post more than six months after it was written, please note that it is possible that the product is no longer still certified kosher. To verify that the product is still certified kosher, please click on the kosher beers list link on the top left corner of the blog.

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: