Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday Night Suds - Lakefront Organika White Ale


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Lakefront Brewery's Organika White Ale.

This was another of the beers that I picked up when I was at the Binny's in Lincolnwood last week. Its actually been a while since I had seen a new Lakefront product as they don't have a wide distribution network in New York. So when I saw the Lakefront bottle with a star-k on the mix your six pack rack I had to grab one.

It may not be PC to admit this, but I don't really prioritize buying organic products. Its not that I don't care about the environment, but I just don't go out of the way to avoid genetically modified products and I dont source ingredients. But while the term organic does not hold any special meaning to me, the beer was a solid White Ale. It poured a lighter orange than I was expecting, but there were nice phenols and the cloves quickly drew me in. Its not a hefeweizen, but its also not a light American Wheat Ale which pretends to be a White Ale either. The coriander and citrus zest were also nice touches and I could see having one of these in the spring or early summer with a salmon dish.

Lakefront Brewery's Organika White Ale is under the kosher supervision of the Star-K (there is even a Star-K on the label). For the experts' take on the brew, please click here http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/741/315921.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you are reading this post more than six months after it was written, please note that it is possible that the product is no longer still certified kosher. To verify that the product is still certified kosher, please click on the kosher beers list link on the top left corner of the blog.

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: