Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday Night Suds - Shiner Cerveza


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Shiner Cerveza De Verano.

I picked this up over the summer in a Price Chopper mix a six. It was of interest to me because although I have had kosher certified Cerveza before, I never had a beer with agave.

The Cerveza De Verano is 4.5% abv and poured bright yellow. As I brought the beer to my face it had a faint smell of corn or other adjunct that made me thing EuroLager, but when I sipped it, the beer had some other flavor which was tart and I can only guess was the agave. I had tried tequila in the past and was not fond of it, but this beer did not make me think of tequila either.

The beer was somewhat bready, but standard for this kind of lager style beer. It was crisp much like one comes to expect from a Shiner and would go well with light spicy dishes. Not sure that this would stand up to chili, but I could see this going well with fajitas.

The Shiner Cerveza De Verano is under the Kosher Supervision of the Va'ad of Detroit although there is no symbol on the the bottle. To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew click here beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/143/421359.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: