Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sunday Night Suds - Blue Moon Light Sky


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Blue Moon Light Sky.

This past Friday I made my first successful post-Pesach beer shopping trip and went to the Total Wine & Liquor in Westbury, where after only a fifteen minute wait, I was able to get in to shop. This was the longest wait to get into any store over the last four weeks, other than one trip to Aron's Kissena Farms over Chol HaMoed.

I mention that this was my first successful trip, because I made a few previous trips to smaller beer stores and did not see any new beer, or in one circumstance there was new beer but the price point was exorbitant and I could not bring myself to spend $17 on a case of smaller sized cans.

So during this trip I was able to pick up three new beers (including the Blue Moon Light Sky) for a little more than $7 plus tax, which was a nice score. I also saw a few 12 packs which have new beers in them, but for the moment I am holding off in the hopes that one of the beer store will break open the boxes and sell some as singles.

But back to the Blue Moon Light Sky, this beer is one of the new ultra light beers as it has 3.6 grams of carbohydrates and 95 calories. The beer poured a light golden orange with decent foam, but not much of a scent. The initial taste was tangerine and the beer is made with tangerine peel. There were additional citrus notes as I sipped the beer, but neither Mrs KB nor KBjr were crazy about it. I did not detect much of an alcohol flavor and the beer's 4% abv seems to be high. Still, for a light beer there was decent flavor and I could see having more if the situation presented itself.

Blue Moon Light Sky is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union, as is every other current variety of beer produced by Blue Moon. For the experts take on this beer, please click here beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/465978.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: