Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday Night Suds - Unita Yard Sale Winter Lager


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Uinta's Yard Sale Winter Lager.

Although this is beer has been around for nearly ten years, I had never seen it available in stores on the East Coast. So when I noticed this at Beverage Barn in Garden City last week I grabbed a single and added it to the other products in my shopping cart (gotta love a good beer store that lets you buy singles!).

The beer poured a dark gold, almost brown color and had great spice notes when I brought the cup to my face. At 5% abv, you would not expect a heavy alcohol flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised at how the beer reminded me of a light "double."

I tried this beer with cholent on Shabbos and shared it with a young Rabbinical scholar who graced our table this past weekend. Although he is a big fan of the Belgian style beers (and specifically Blue Moon), he very much appreciated the spice notes in the beer. I found that the beer paired quite well with the thick cholent and would want to pair this again on a cold Shabbos day.

The Yard Sale Winter Lager is under the Orthodox Union, although there is no OU on the bottle. However, I did confirm with the OU that the brewery is still under hashgacha, despite the fact that the OU is no longer on the label of the bottles and cans.

To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about the brew, click you can search on  https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1416/77762

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: