Monday, June 29, 2015

Belated Sunday Night Suds - Jailbreak Infinite Ale



This week's Sunday Night Suds comes as a belated version as I spent most of Sunday in transit and did not get a chance to write my review of this week's brew until this evening. As such, and with apologies galore, this week's SNS looks at Jailbreak's Infinite Ale.

I first tried this beer when I stopped in at the Jailbreak brewery in Laurel, Maryland in January. At the time, I sampled this beer in draft and I have now also tried the canned version. I can report that although the canned version is good, it does not compare with this brew on tap.

The Infinite Ale poured a dark orange, bordering on deep copper. There was some lacing on the glass and there is more than ample carbonation. The hops are not in the forefront, but after a few sips I started to taste the pepper backbone of the brew. Then, as the beer began to reach room temperature, more flavors started to come out, including some pine and some citrus. I did not start this as a near frozen beer that had sat in the fridge for weeks, but the change in flavor profile from cold to closer to room temperature was striking.

Although this brewery is less than a year old, they already have a following on Beer Advocate and you can click www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/34426/136250 to see their thoughts on the Amber Ale.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Finally, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: