Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday Night Suds - Shiner Sea Salt & Lime Lager


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Shiner Sea Salt & Lime Lager.

As is our custom, when May 5 falls on a Sunday (and sometimes even when it falls on a weeknight) we try to have a Mexican themed dinner. This year it was fajitas and chili with shabbos rice and wraps. While I did not have a Mexican beer to sample this year, I did have this Shiner Sea Salt & Lime Lager that I had picked up in the fall in an end of season remainder bin and I figured it was worth pairing with the Mexican themed dinner.

Although this beer was consumed close to a year after it was brewed, I was not concerned with the impact on flavor as I had been storing it in a dark area with little fluctuation in temperature. Well, the beer did not taste skunky, but it did taste like a Shandy and that is generally not my speed. When I twisted off the lid there was an instant smell of floor cleaner like fake citrus, but also a loud hiss which let me know that the beer had not gone flat. Mrs KB was not a fan of this as she thought it tasted like floor cleaner and I was left wondering why she had ever tasted floor cleaner, but I digress...

This beer reminded me of the other lime lagers which I have tried (such as Miller Lime Chill) and if that is you generally enjoy macrolagers with lime juice, this is the beer for you.

The Shiner Sea Salt & Lime Lager is under the Kosher Supervision of the Va'ad of Detroit although there is no symbol on the the bottle. To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew click here beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/143/325296.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: