Sunday, February 27, 2022

Sunday Night Suds - HaDubim India Pale Ale & Sabro Session IPA

Just off the plane from visiting KB Jr in Israel, the next few Sunday Night Suds will feature the eight beers that I tried while in Israel for the week. Tonight's review looks at HaDubim's India Pale Ale & Sabro Session Ale.

One of my favorite stops in Shuk Machaneh Yehuda is Beer Bazaar where you can mix a six pack from nearly a hundred Israeli beers for the "low" price of 79 NIS. Well, maybe not a low price (about $24), but when on vacation its something that I am willing to splurge on. This time I chose two beers from HaDubim which I first tried during my last trip to Israel in 2019 (see review of HaDubim Phoenix IPA reviewed here - https://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2019/03/sunday-night-suds-hadubim-phoenix-ipa.html).

The first beer I tried was an India Pale Ale which the brewer called (translated into English) "White Smoke" and which they classified as a "strong beer" due to its 6.2% abv. The beer poured a rich golden color with decent lacing. I found the beer not to have a strong alcohol flavor and although there was some citrus and bitter, it lacked the hop bite that I was expecting.


The second HaDubim beer I tried (this one I shared with KB Jr) was the Vmash, Sabro Session IPA. Like most session beers this brew was lower in alcohol content (4.2% abv) but it was not lacking in flavor and held up very well with our schwarma & Jerusalem mixed grill dinner.

The Vmash poured a dark gold and had slightly below average carbonation. But the star of the beer was the fruit which began with the first sip and was tangerine in nature without being overly bitter. I had never tasted a sabro hopped beer and it was quite refreshing. KB Jr really enjoyed this beer and has developed a taste for the Yerushalmi version of mixed grill too!

Neither of these beers was reviewed on BA, which leads me to believe that BA could use a good beer guide in Israel!

The HaDubim beers are contract brewed for Beer Bazaar at the BB brewery in Kiryat Gat and they are certified kosher by the Rabbanut of Kiryat Gat.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!


No comments: