Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Night Suds - Mosco Brewing Company's Juicy New England IPA and Red Ale Mountain Beer

Continuing my review of beers that I tried while in Israel for a week in February, tonight's review looks at Mosco Brewing Company's Juicy New England IPA and Red Ale Mountain Beer. I picked these beers up at a beer and wine store on Agrippas Street near Machane Yehudah and I am very glad I did.


The first beer I tried was the Juicy New England IPA, one of the best beers that I had in Israel. I have to admit, I was surprised to find a New England IPA made by an Israeli brewery. The beer was fruit, mostly citrus, from the first sip and continued throughout. I had this together with KB Jr on Shabbos and we both very much liked it.

The beer is 5.6% abv which is a bit light for the style. But it was not lacking in flavor and if this was available in the United States I know that I would be buying this pretty often.


My second Mosco was the Red Mountain Ale which was a fine example of a Red Ale, but not as outstanding as the Juicy New England IPA. The hops in this beer are very earthy and nutty which is traditional to the style. The beer poured a dark red with strong carbonation. At 5.5% abv, I would not have expected a strong alcohol flavor, but it was there.

Neither of these beers was reviewed on BA, which leads me to believe that BA could use a good beer guide in Israel!

Mosco Brewing Company beers have two kosher certifications on the label - one a Kosher L'Mehadrin label from the Rabbanut of Mateh Yehuda and another from the Badatz Beit Yosef.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Lastly, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: