Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday's Thoughts on the Daf - Preempted

Today's daf (Bava Kamma 58) continues a discussion started by the mishna at the beginning of the perek about the valuation of damages. The daf starts by discussing how the animal wound up falling into the field and whether the owner of the animal should pay the value of the benefit the animal received by falling on the produce or the value of the damage caused by the fall. This was largely dependent on the reason for the fall in the first place.

Rather than discuss the daf, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Kadosh Baruch Hu, my family, friends and the many people who have viewed this 'blog over the last year. Today marks the first anniversary of kosherbeers and what started out as a hobby has quickly grown to be a regular part of my daily life. Through this 'blog I have the opportunity to express myself in writing, but in a different fashion than what I do in the work place. Unlike my work which is dictated largely by the cases I am working on, the 'blog allows me to choose the topics I am writing about, be it: beer, sports, gemara, law or parsha. As a result, I often find myself smiling while I write my posts, even though they are usually written at 11 PM.

So now, one year and two hundred and forty plus posts later, I find myself wondering who gets more out of the 'blog, the people who read my musings, or me for having the ability to express myself. Is this a cause and effect analysis like today's daf? I can't tell you for sure. But I can tell you that I appreciate the 8100 clicks I have gotten over the last year and I hope that you all have appreciated my writing whether or not you agree with me or my opinion on beer, sports, Torah or law (and not necessarily in that order).

Finally, to those of you have served as inspiration for my posting, please accept my apologies if you feel that you have been slighted. I try to attribute the posts b'shem omro (see my post for Max Kellerman's Monday musings here http://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2009/02/max-kellermans-monday-musings-vol-xlii.html for more on that concept) so that people are credited for their perspectives, while still protecting the privacy of my friends and those who e-mail me questions and ideas (as far as my family goes - you have no privacy).

So here's to many more kosher beers and good friends to enjoy them with!

Neil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil,

I can't believe it's been a year. I admire your perseverance. Keep up the great work.


From one of your BILs in Chicago(the one with new hockey stick induced damage in various parts of the house)

Neil T said...

Thanks so much for your good wishes.I'm glad to hear that the boys are making appropriate use of the sticks.