Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Night Suds - Saranac Pale Pale Ale (not a typo)



Tonight's Sunday Night Suds beer review looks at Saranac's Pale Pale Ale (no, that's not a typo).

This year, the good folks at Saranac included two bottles each of its four newest brews in their Beers of Summer Mix box. I picked up the Beers of Summer box on Friday and brought it "home" but did not have time to fully peruse its contents. On my way out to shul, I asked my aishes chayil to put a few in the fridge for me so that I could have one with my daf yomi after dinner Friday night. When I opened the fridge later that evening and saw the Pale Pale Ale, I knew that I had to try it.

As I mentioned in a prior Sunday Night Suds review of Saranac's Pale Ale (http://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2009/03/sunday-night-suds-saranac-pale-ale.html) the Saranac Pale Ale is a perfect gateway beer for those looking to start on something with a little more hop flavor than a macrobrew. It also happens to be a great cholent brew (for drinking with, not making cholent).

The Pale Pale Ale takes the concept of an American Pale Ale a little further by lightening the color of the brew and mixing the hop balance to add a citrusy flavor to a Pale Ale (think Blue Moon meets IPA). The beer itself pours a light golden, nearly pilsner color and has the trademark excellent Saranac carbonation. I greatly enjoyed mine by itself with aizehu neshech, but fully expect that it would go well with steaks, stews and other savory meat dishes.

Saranac Pale Pale Ale is under the kashruth supervision of the Va'ad of Detroit, as are all other beer produced by Saranac. For the experts take on Saranac Pale Pale Ale, please click here http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/99/48544.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site such as JBlog, please feel free to click here to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: