Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Night Suds - Lakefront Pumpkin Lager

 

Now that the Yom Tov season has ended, Sunday Night Suds returns to its regular spot. This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Lakefront Brewery's Pumpkin Lager.

During the first year of the blog, I reviewed three Pumpkin brews, including Blue Moon's Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale (http://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2008/11/sunday-night-suds-harvest-moon-pumpkin.html); Saranac Pumpkin Ale (http://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2008/11/sunday-night-suds-saranac-pumpkin-ale.html) and Post Road Pumpkin Ale (http://kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2008/11/sunday-night-suds-post-road-pumpkin-ale.html).

Over the course of the next four years, I would occassionally buy a couple of bottles of these brews in the fall, but I never felt a strong desire to buy a sixer (or more), until now...

Late last month, Mrs KB's brother and family agreed to come East and join us for Sukkos. This was a great cause of simcha for my family. My kids were thrilled that their cousins were coming for YT and I was almost as happy since my awesome BiL agreed to bring some beer with him. I called Binny's (Skokie) and they worked with me to mix six and four packs so that I could try many different brews which are not generally available in the NY Metro area. The Heineken Man then made the Binny's run for me (sorry you did not join us for YT) and brought back the treasured haul to my BiL. One of the mixed sixers in this package was a combo of Lakefront brews which included the Pumpkin Lager. But on second thought, maybe I should have ordered a six or twelve pack of the Pumpkin Lager.

While the pumpkin and spices in many pumpkin ales can clash with the hops, the Lakefront Pumpkin Lager was a perfect blend as the spices complemented the malts in the lager. What made this beer even more enjoyable was the complexity of the spices and how it seemed like a different flavor profile with each sip.

Lakefront Brewery Pumpkin Lager is under the kosher supervision of the Star-K (there is even a Star-K on the label). For the experts' take on the Pumpkin Lager, please click here http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/741/6412.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver. If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click http://www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: