Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Night Suds - Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler.

Although I am not a big fan of the Kolsch style of beers, I am a kayak enthusiast. A number of years ago I took my oldest three out kayaking at Empire Kayaks in Island Park. It reminded me how much I loved to kayak as a kid, so I went out and bought a two man kayak. A few years later, our tax refund was spent on his and hers anniversary presents, a large freezer for Mrs KB and a second (single) kayak for me. These were easily one of the best investments that I made, since they are instant entertainment for the kids and other than sometimes paying a park entrance fee, they are are a great source of free fun.

Once the weather gets nice out and before the kids take off for Camp M, every Sunday can be a kayak Sunday and the exercise and water are great. A few weeks back, Yael & I took off out of Milburn in Baldwin/Freeport and went all the way out to the Waterfront Park at the entrance of the bay. The waves were really kicking up and it was a great and rewarding row. I had promised Moshe that he could row back with me to Milburn, but with the waves the way they were we probably could have it made it back to the boat launch without paddling.

But enough about kayaking, as the purpose of the post is to discuss the Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler. The beer is a kolsch style brew which like last week's Little White Rye (reviewed here kosherbeers.blogspot.com/2013/06/sunday-night-suds-samuel-adams-little.html) is brewed with a little bit of rye.

The resulting beer is still true to the kolsch style - medium body and low on the hop bitterness. I had this beer with my daf this evening and it was refreshing, albeit not very complex in its flavor profile. If you are looking for something slightly above macrolager, this would be the beer for you. But if you want a kolsch with more complexity, look elsewhere...

Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union, and is the first Leinenkugel brew I have seen with an OU on the label. 

To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler, please follow this link beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/710/89102.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click http://www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!


No comments: